Monday, June 3, 2013

Links

This week's post is inspired by The Macabre and Beautifully Grotesque's facebook page. (their cover photo is Bosch, the saucy minx!)


http://www.whokilledbambi.co.uk/
Basically a site dedicated to art that defecates on your childhood dreams, which is something I am always able to take the time out to enjoy.


Speaking of things I always have time for, Alex Pardee's website. Grew out of my shady teenage years loving his style and trying to emulate it, and then I got involved in ceramics and that all went to shit and my work somehow became rather cutesy in comparison.


http://www.rustin.be/exposition-passees
Unsettling? Genitalia on every page? Somewhat disturbing? Why yes, yes it is, and yet it's still so painfully compelling.


Portraits. Scary, scary portraits! Wonderful textures, collage and intense mark-making, loving Miguel Leal right now.


From her website "Mes recherches se concentrent sur les processus d’ hybridation, la mise à nu et la décortication de l’anatomie humaine et animale." and in case you can't read french she's all about the process of hybridisation mixing the anatomies of humans and animals. At least that's how I roughly interpret it because I can also barely read french and I'm too lazy to stick it into google translate and then go back and correct everything it gets wrong. My abysmal linguistics aside, those drawings! Oh my god those beautiful drawings <3

I'm finally running low on links so this might be the last of one of these posts, but I have actually really enjoyed compiling these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment