Sunday, June 23, 2013

Is it illegal to draw pictures of art?

While at the Macclesfield Heritage Centre to see The Button Project, I was told by one lady that I had to write all the names of everybody whose work I drew pictures of underneath each drawing and I was told by another lady that I wasn't even allowed to draw any pictures at all which is something I haven't come across before.

had to rush the bottom right drawing due to circumstances
When I asked why, she mumbled something about copyright and then another lady who was stood next to me started telling the other lady off for being ridiculous. I came away from the experience feeling rather confused and it left a sour taste in my mouth.

Is it illegal to draw pictures of art? 

The sad thing is that all I wanted to do was write more about the exhibition, and publicise it amongst my peers because the artwork was beautiful and looked like a collection of modern-day treasure. I'm hardly raking in profit (none what-so-ever) and it's for an educational purpose.

The experience was definitely not what I wanted to take away from the exhibit.

No comments:

Post a Comment