Thursday, June 27, 2013

A Male Cecaelia Contemplates Miasma

They're not finished but shitting hell I'm definitely moving towards a conclusion with my collages. Kinda silly really because originally they were only meant to be idea experiments but I fell in love with them a little bit. Here's the collection so far


Here's the first one, not completely finished but the most-completed so far. Love the old-fashioned frame I managed to find for it. Really getting on my nerves that it isn't quite centred and the brown paper isn't quite straight but I suppose that's my graphics roots ruining my life again. I haven't stuck it down yet so it can still be adjusted, just wanted to see what it looked like in a frame.

I think it needs more detail round the edges somehow but I love how the graph paper turned out.






Thinking about naming the project 'Catalogue of Creatures that Should Never Exist' but I'm hoping I come up with something a bit more catchy over time. I want them to look like a collection of specimens. Perhaps when I have finished these I can move on to creating 3D aspects to the project.

Trying to come up with fancy names for everybody at the moment. So far I got:

  • A Male Cecaelia Contemplates Miasma
  • Sword-Wielding Crabtopus (highly territorial, likes collecting shoes)
  • Insectile Abomination cheers on its favouite team
  • All-Seeing Sea Turtle Plays the Tambourine
  • Satan-Powered Motor Trike and Rebel Jesus
  • Cetus Rhinocerotidae (The Uncommon Rhinocerfish)

I am so inspired by the work I have seen lately and the people I have met that I can't wait to do more work on this. Might have to beat Lorraine up a little bit to get her to do some work too.

No comments:

Post a Comment