Friday, May 10, 2013

Initial collages



The best part about making these was coming up with the word 'Rhinocerfish', and the main reception I've received so far is that they are weird and creepy. Not sure if that's a good thing?

It's part of the joint project with Lorraine Bennett. In a bizarre twist, whilst she's making little doll mackettes, I'm still sketching and researching ideas (since normally we work oppositely). I think they flow on quite nicely from my research into Bosch

Probs the least successful one is the snake with a tambourine and legs and a massive eye on its back (I can't even think of a more succinct name for it) but I'm rather fond of them all so far. 

Made from pictures cut out of an dusty, old-ass encyclopedia I found at my parents house, bought specially for decimating. In the days before we had the internet and printers and if we wanted to include a picture in a school project to illustrate a point, odds are I usually had to cut it out myself. Pretty sure I inherited nerd-genes from my mum, all the cool kids were busy playing outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment