Thursday, May 31, 2012

Jacket Potato Man

Sometimes I like to post about things that inspire me, so I thought I’d introduce the internet to Jacket Potato Man. He is a hero and I aspire to be like him. He’s this charming old guy who always sells hot potatoes from a little gazebo on the street that is always in the same place.
Whenever me and the boyfriend go to visit him and buy his awesome potatoes and filling of choice, we always pay attention to everything he says and does and debate about what it is that makes Jacket Potato Man so awesome, and how he has managed to keep his business in an age where everything can be bought cheaper and made more efficiently by bigger corporations.
 Things I have learned about Jacket Potato Man are as follows:
1.       He has been baking and selling Jacket potatoes for over 20 years
2.       He always asks “how are you?” and never “what would you like?”
3.       He always keeps his hands busy with his work. He never stands around waiting to sell you something you don’t want.
4.       He gives you your money’s worth. He never ever skimps on the amount of potato filling.
One could learn a great deal about selling things and customer service by watching him. The guy is a natural. All he does is sell potatoes, but I’m pretty sure he’s a genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment