Tuesday, April 23, 2013

YOU MUST TELL US





Made my old JSA agreement into a nice collage drawing of a leaf :) tis a bit highschool-ish standards but at least all that crappy paperwork became useful. 

Most of the pages I used are recent improvements that mean that if you leave a job voluntarily then you will not be able to claim job seekers allowance, which I think is quite unfair because that job could be making somebody really miserable and mentally unwell or they could be being bullied. That means that the UK government will penalise those people into feeling like they have to keep that job no matter what the cost. 

Also you are meant to inform the DWP if you ever decide to stay away from home, even just for a day, because there's no way you can look for work and visit friends at the same time (le sarcasm). That is why the title is 'you must tell us'.

I am grateful for the help provided to me by the government, and I am lucky in some ways that because I have doctor-legittemised mental health problems, I was exempt from a lot of of the rules because the only thing worse than claiming JSA is dropping JSA for disability benefits in their eyes I guess. I just wish there was a more empowering way to help people find work and support individuals when their income hits the shitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment